Frequently asked questions
1. How will I share books?
You and your friends have to meet personally to share the book. Bookstoc doesn't offer any service to transfer your book.
2. How Bookstoc help to share my books collection?
Bookstoc helps you to Catalog books, add an entry when you share a book and track a book. Bookstoc helps you share your books safely with your friends there by ensuring that you get them back.
3. What is that points on Bookstoc?
To encourage your activity on Bookstoc. We have the system of points. You are rewarded with
- 10 points for adding a book
- 5 points for adding a contact
- -10 points for removing a book
- -5 points for removing a contact
4. How are user levels calculated?
Bookstoc levels are dependent on your points. Below is the simplified explanation of user levels.
- Level 1 -- when you join Bookstoc i.e. when you have exactly 100 points
- Level 2 -- Points are in between 101 to 200
- Level 3 -- Points are in between 201 to 400
- Level 4 -- Points are in between 401 to 800
- Level 5 -- Points greater than 800
5. I have tried sharing books, but it doesn't work. Why?
It does not work because of two main reasons. We sometimes forget the books which we have shared with others over a period of time. The person who borrows the book thinks you are no more in need of this book as you are no longer reminding him to give the book back. Bookstoc tracking feature helps you to get rid of these problems.
6. I have shared a book, what are my benefits?
By giving a valid email address of your friend with whom you have shared the book, Bookstoc assures you that book is being tracked from time to time. So your book won't be lost and it will be returned to you.
7. If I borrow a book from my friend, how can I get reminded about it?
Bookstoc.com is working on a feature that will benefit you. Meanwhile the owner of the book can help you get reminded by adding an entry in Bookstoc.
8. What if my book is not returned even after expected return date?
Let's assume that your friend is busy or held up with an interview or exam. In such situations it's impossible for them to return books on time. You can extend the return date or contact him.
9. What is the maximum number of books, contacts I can add on Bookstoc?
Below is the maximum number you may add/catalog.
- 200 books can be cataloged
- 75 contacts can be added
10. How do I share my book?
You have to meet your friend in person. It's a good chance to meet someone in person. You can make use of public places like malls, restaurants, book shops as a meeting location.
11. What if my friend lost my book?
You can exchange the lost book with a new one. It's wise to share books that you can afford to lose. Share books with friends who are in touch and preferably in your locality. Bookstoc does not take any responsibility for the book lost by your friend.
12. I am a student. How Bookstoc.com help me?
Students own many books. They buy, share and read a lot of books. You can share your books with your college mates. Make an entry in Bookstoc.
13. I have audio books. What should I do?
We assume that you transfer the books over a CD. When you add book to catalog, select the "audio book" as format of the book.
14. I am not finding anyone near my house to share books, what should I do?
Let's assume that you are not living on an island. There are chances that you are not aware of bookworms in your social circle. Ask them gently if they read books. If the answer is yes, then you found a reader like you.
We'd love to answer your questions, send an email to bookstoc team .We'll get back to you!